Sunday, November 4, 2007

Shelley, you are great - I LOVE these. I like reading other people's answers. I am going to interview Ben and make him do it, too.

1. What is the best thing you cooked last week?
I did not cook a single thing last week. But, the best food I ate last week was actually hospital food - PCMC makes a pretty good Halloween carmel apple!

2. If babysitting and money were no object, where would you go?
On a CRUISE! But I am not going to elaborate because it will not being happening anytime soon and then I will just want it more . . .

3. When was the last time you cried?
I don't like this question . . . according to Ben I don't like to be vulnerable.

4. Five things you were doing this month 10 years ago:
I actually have a pretty funny story! When I was 15 there was a weekend stake youth retreat around Halloween time. I was grounded for the weekend, but not from the church activity. I had this great idea to cut out on the dance to hang out with this guy I liked, a non-member. So, his MOM came and picked me up (we were 15 - we couldn't drive) and dropped us off downtown. It was my first "real date," where the guy paid for dinner and everything. Keep in mind my parents are letter of the law kind of people and I was not allowed to date until I was 16. While we were gone my dad came to bring me something at the stake center and I was not there. One of the other youth said I left with this guy, and my parents actually tracked down his parents, whom they had never met, called his mom, and had a chat. So, when his mom picked us up, I got to ride home with the boy (he did not know I was not allowed to date until I was 16 or that I would get into trouble for leaving the dance) and his mom in a very uncomfortable silence. Don't worry, though - he thought it was pretty hilarious and flirted/teased me about it for months. His mom was very sweet and just very concerned. I was humiliated. Later, my parents invited his parents over for dinner. It was fabulously cool. Ten years ago I was also really into Foo Fighters, Sarah McLaughlan, and Third Eye Blind; I was skipping study hall to go to Haag Lake every Friday with my friends; my favorite book was "Good Night, Gracie," which I haven't read since and would like to track down to see why I liked it so much; I participated in piano and vocal competitions and performances.

5. Five things on your to-do list:
Since it is Sunday, my list is pretty short: Take Nathan up to PCMC to have his NJ tube placed since he pulled it out in the middle of the night, clean up the apartment, start my laundry, go to church (if Ben stops throwing up by then so he can watch the kids, who are also throwing up), and then do anything that does not involve work.

6. Five favorite snacks:
Kettle corn, Reese's Fast Break and milk, Jamba Juice, granola (the kind in the green box), and frozen peach slices.

7. Five bad habits:
Checking my work e-mail too many times on my day off, putting my kids to bed in t-shirts instead of pajamas (you would too if you had to fight Eva to get pants on), eating in bed, watching too much TV, avoiding things.

8. Five favorite foods:
Japanese chicken wings, roasted tomato soup from Paradise Bakery, Jamba Juice and jalepeno bread, fajitas, and Costco chicken and monterey jack chimichangas.

9. Five places I've been:
Palmyra, New York
British Columbia and Toronto, Canada
Florida
Philadelphia
Caribbean

10. Five favorite memories:
I was really happy when I was 17; going to haunted houses with Ben and on lots of dates and just having fun and laughing at stupid things; moving into our house at Alpine with clean, new carpet; Nathan and Eva's first laughs; anytime Ben, the kids, and I play together.

2 comments:

Shelley Reid said...

I can sympathize with you about putting Eva's pants on. When I babysat her it took me about 10 minutes to change her diaper. She is so strong! Love the story about your first date!

Kristy said...

That's awesome to hear you still make japanese chicken wings! I loved going to the Utah haunted houses, they were fun.