Wednesday, November 7, 2007




Lately Eva is surprising me with new adventures every day, so here is an update!

Eva is speaking!
So far Eva has thrilled Ben by refusing to call him "daddy." The other day I asked for Ben and Eva copied me by yelling at the top of her lungs, "BEN!" Sometimes Ben will ask her to call him "daddy" and she will say, "NO." Eva's used two words together for the first time to say, "Don't cry." Eva now happily says this once she has been cheered up to her satisfaction after a fit of crying. One of the girls was trying to get Eva's attention by calling her name and Eva ignored her and then finally said, "What?!" in an exhasperated voice. Eva surprises me all of the time with words I didn't realize she knew since we don't say them all of the time, such as 'door.' I love Eva's little voice! Eva also started singing and dancing in the car when I play music.

Eva is a pack rat!
Eva doesn't really play with toys. She picks up as many as she can hold in both hands and carries them around with her. If Nathan starts to play with something it suddenly becomes irresistable and she takes it from him and toddles away. Eva wanders around the house a lot, too.

Eva accepts no!
Each time we told Eva 'no' she paused, looked at us for a moment, and then cried hysterically. To solve this problem we acted really excited each time Eva paused and cheered, "Good job stopping, Eva!" before she could start crying. Now every time we tell Eva 'no' she stops, looks at us, and starts clapping and smiling before we even praise her!

Eva has separation anxiety!
Eva loves attention. She also like to be in charge. If Eva walks away from Ben or I then it is okay for us to be apart. If Ben or I walk away from Eva, even a couple of steps or to cross a room, she is not happy. Today while I took a shower Eva stood screaming and pulling on the curtain until I finished and picked her up. Although it makes finishing paperwork difficult, I love that Eva loves to be held!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Wow, she looks so much like both of you, what a great mix.