Sunday, October 5, 2008

Nate's Birthday

Nate's was born on September 19, 2005. I became pregnant again pretty soon after Nate was born, and Eva was just as anxious to get out of my belly then as she is anxious to get out of her car seat now! I went into the hospital at 28 weeks after months of "bedrest" with preterm labor (Nate was in the hospital on and off, Ben and I were at Alpine - you get the idea). We celebrated Nate's first birthday while I was there, and a couple of weeks later, Eva was born on October 7, 2006. This year I made a little cake for Nate on his birthday and then the family came over the next Sunday to have a big cake and open both Nate and Eva's presents.

Nate was really excited about making a wish. He thought really hard and wanted "more fire." Grandpa Lehnhof lit a candle in Nate's own piece of cake a few times and caught this cute picture for us.

Eva really loves the little cheetah she actually picked out at the zoo a few weeks ago. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with her recent adoration of Baby Jaguar from "Diego."

Nate received this really cute tool set from his Aunt Steph and Uncle Manuel. It was really fun to open presents this year because each present was a big hit! "Diego" toys and train accessories were among the favorites.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: